Saturday 20 May 2017

{{{LETTER FROM COUNCIL’S ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH DEPT.}}}
Since council claimed the fire doors noise has been "significantly” reduced, and I can live here with the level of noise. Mind you, they did not say the noise has been stopped. Therefore, I asked for a letter to confirm this, (and to add; “Other people, a buyer and family of my house can also live here with the significantly reduced level of noise”). This would have given me a guarantee that noise is at an acceptable level so enable me to sell my house. However, the letter below is what I was given...

Dear Mr Glasgow
I refer to your request for confirmation that the noise from the above premises does not constitute a statutory nuisance.
As you have previously been advised, officers have completed their investigation into your complaint of noise from doors banging in... and were not satisfied of the existence of a statutory nuisance. In reaching this decision, the officers considered various factors, including volume, frequency, duration and time of day. Having due regard to these factors; they conctude that, although some noise was audible in your property, it did not amount to a statutory nuisance.
Yours sincerely
Head of Leisure, Environmental Health & Children's Services

As you can see, it is not exactly the letter I requested... Moreover, they did not include "noise significantly reduced" as stated in another letter from them. That is just a letter to protect themselves.
But of course, officer/s covered up all aspects of the findings. I stated; 'officer/s' because there was one officer who was the instigator. I had challenged her and she did not like it. So, I believe she, or maybe the manager got all of them to conspire. However, I did find the other 2 officers were sympathetic...while in my presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment