Tuesday 6 December 2016

This action by the council’s environmental officer wasn't any mistake! It was deliberate...in favour of their HMO landlord. (And you will see most all my posts highlighting this if you join my facebook group and or campaign/s).

I've decided to post some more of my account, highlighting the council's uncaring treatment towards me and the biased way their officer handled the noise investigation, as follows...

The Environmental Health officer and the dept. disregarded my 6-weeks diary recording of noise, and 2 x 7 days of audio recordings. They claimed the 1st 7-days of audio recording wasn't loud enough, and the 2nd recording (placed closer to the party wall) couldn't be heard - that recorder must have run out of tape or broken down. So, I requested the noise should be witnessed personally...but officer played it down also saying; noise not statutory and not very loud to her expertise (even though I'm told by another officer colleague they have never recorded fire doors noise in history). But, she asked me; what doors are the most disturbing to you? I responded; all of them as you have heard. She responded; she can't have all adjusted. Then I kicked up a fuss... then she said; she'll ask the landlord to have all adjusted.  2 weeks later officer should have revisited landlord to see if he had doors adjusted (and I thought my house too to check if noise were quieter). But I received a letter from the council, saying; officer only asked the landlord to adjust some of the doors and they were adjusted and the noise was “significantly quieter.”  The officer made the assumption that noise was “significantly quieter” (without any recording) just by, only revisiting next door and not revisiting my house to check.  But, it seemed landlord didn't adjust any of the doors because the noise continued at the same level and volume.


Now folks, tell me; noises that are heavy and loud (like 'Sonic Booms') that vibrate the party wall, rattles the door in my study/small bedroom adjoining the party wall, and also can be heard in every room of my house (with earplugs in and all doors closed) is not loud? Noises that goes on 7 days a week from 4 young men, 5 heavy fire doors (1 fitted 1 meter from party wall) and 1 extra main entry door also fitted 1 meter from party wall in a building that is ex-council, prefabricated built, no cavity and no soundproofing are not statutory?


The Environmental dept. came to the conclusion (without any evidence of noise recording) based on officers so-called "own personal experience" - noise not loud. And, they don't see why the council or the landlord should spend any money to fix noise! Oh yeah; the EH officer boss informed me; having noise fix is not the council's responsibility; and that the landlord was only doing me a favour by adjusting doors to close quietly (to which he didn't in the end). And that's not all - it goes on...


Now draw your own conclusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment